Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Spreading Disability and Animal Assisted Therapy Awareness

NOT ALL WORK for the Petaling Jaya City Council happens behind closed doors or in a formal manner. 
 
My work with MBPJ had given me the opportunity to mingle with special interest groups - like the poorer children in the PPR flats in Kota Damansara. 
 
To make it really fun, I invited them to tag along
with me when I went to the Open House of the Chief Minister for Hari Raya last year. 
 
I also invited them to Mid Valley, my home and then to wrap everything up, to the nearby park for some singalong with my service Doberman Zhar who was thrilled to meet our new friends. 
 
The interaction proved to be a tremendous benefit for all of us - learning something that we never knew about life until our encounter.
 
PET+BLOGSPOT is the ONLINE BLOG of the Malaysian Animal-Assisted Therapy for the Disabled and Elderly Association or Petpositive. Our stories are CURRENT, ACCURATE and RELIABLE. We offer both local and foreign news on animals, disability and the elderly. PET+BLOGSPOT was first established in October 2007. Our hits since then are now 250,000 and ever increasing! PET+BLOGSPOT is updated daily. Kindly note that views expressed in PET+BLOGSPOT are not necessarily those of PETPOSITIVE. You may also visit our Webpage by browsing: www.petpositive.org You can also find us in Facebook under PETPOSITIVE EMPOWERMENT. Please sign up as a FOLLOWER of this Blog if you haven't done so already in order to show us your kind support for our work. Thank you!

No comments: