DATELINE DAP HEADQUARTERS, JALAN PUDU, KUALA LUMPUR:
A pictorial report by Tati Ambia of this morning's Memorandum Protest to the Democratic Action Party over the "kitten killer" press conference that was held last Sunday at a DAP service centre:
11am: Activists and members of the press were already present to avoid traffic jam. Some photographers and journalists waited at the lounge. Lynn Wong and I arrived at 12noon
12:20: Shenaaz from the Malaysian Animal Welfare Society suggested activists hold up the posters they made with photos of self-confessed kitten killer Chow Xiao Wei, Member of Parliament Teo Nie Ching and assemblyman Ean Yong and the prepared cat photos.
- Representatives from PETPOSITIVE (Daniya Subramaniam and us) were also present. A rep from ROAR (Animal Rights Society) joined us shortly after.
- Chinese reporters and photographers took photos and left immediately. The only remaining press reps were from MalaysiaKini, MalaysianDigest, Oriental Daily and New Straits Times.
- Shenaaz told reporters Ean Yong and Teo should have lodged a police report after kitten killer had approached them and then let the authorities handle the case & press conference.
- Shenaaz: By organizing the PC, DAP are only exposing Chow to the public and that leaves her in danger.
- Shenaaz: Chow is still out and about.
- Shenaaz: What Chow did was barbaric and not acceptable. DAP has no right to defend her. It should be left to the defense council. Why organize PC, why are they doing PR for her, is DAP a PR company?
- Not a single DAP rep was present. They did inform Shenaaz that they will send someone today to receive the memorandum
- Shenaaz: Ean Yong did say "It's just a cat to this man here" referring to young man who came much later to the event. He was also said to be representing ROAR
- Shenaaz: We believe Chow only confessed for fear of her life, because her identity was publicised over the net. DAP's absence today just shows that the party does not care about animals. This is not a political issue. It is a matter of justice of a kitten that has been stomped to death. The only reason we believe she said sorry is because she got caught. We do not know how many animals she has abused before this."
- Lynn Wong (independent rep) Why is DAP harbouring an animal killer?
- The young gentleman claimed that Ean Yong told him "it's just a cat" over the telephone. He called Ean after reading about the PC and asked: "Why are you protecting Chow?". Ean Yong reportedly replied: "We are not protecting her", and then cut him off by saying "it's just a cat what". "Ean should have sent Chow to the police the minute she approached him," the gentleman told the press.
- Shenaaz: We want DAP, Ean Yong and Teo to apologize for their participation in this whole spectacle.
- Lynn: As an activist, Chow should be charged in court by now.
PET+BLOGSPOT is the ONLINE BLOG of the Malaysian Animal-Assisted Therapy for the Disabled and Elderly Association or Petpositive. Our stories are CURRENT, ACCURATE and RELIABLE. We offer both local and foreign news on animals, disability and the elderly. PET+BLOGSPOT was first established in October 2007. Our hits since then are now 100,000 and ever increasing! PET+BLOGSPOT is updated daily. Kindly note that views expressed in this PET+BLOGSPOT are not necessarily those of PETPOSITIVE. You may also visit our Webpage by browsing: www.petpositive.com.my You can also find us in Facebook under PETPOSITIVE EMPOWERMENT. Please sign up as a FOLLOWER of this Blog if you haven't done so already in order to show us your kind support for our work. Thank you!
- Shenaaz: We have respect for life. Human life and we do not want Chow Xiao Wei to be hanged - we only want her to face justice for her action. We do not agree with activists and animal lovers who want Chow to get injured or killed. We do not represent them."