Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Thanasayan Is Back To Serve Again!

Swearing-in celebration with Mayor and new Councillors
aNt's aNgle:

(Pictures courtesy from MBPJ)

YESTERDAY was abosolutely fabulous!

At approximately 3.40pm, I was sworn-in as a Petaling Jaya councillor again after a two-month wait. 

I was thrilled to receive my letter of appointment last Friday. 

But rather than experiencing the risk of getting disappointed at the very eleventh hour as on March 7th, this year, when the swearing-in of councillors was suddenly called off, I decided it was best to keep things quiet until I really got in.

Sweet Monday was the result.

I took my oath in front of three new councillors and some veterans. Derek Fernandez and Latheefa Koya were there to support me.

Good ol' Michael Soon, a wonderful person whom I got to know after we were both sworn-in together for the first time in 2008, also took the trouble to attend my grand moment. 

Of course, the powerful NGO representatives were also there, on my personal invitation. Jeffrey Phang from Friends of Kota Damansara, Pamela Lim and Rajesh Mansukhlal from my Zone area in Section 6, PJ.

I told Lat moments before I took my oath to come up and slap me on my face if I suddenly got mushy and started to sob. 

She replied: "Don't be silly, you'll be fine!"

The congratulatory messages that poured in from my Facebook, Tweets and SMS were incredibly humbling.

It just reminded me that there was a great mission ahead of me. 

I am so glad - and deeply thankful - to all those "powers-that-be" in the Selangor government for clearing my name from all the vicious lies to get me out of my post.

It was clearly a personal vendetta and agenda to get me out. 

But now, it is time for me to move on and ahead. 

I am now much more motivated and raring to go in helping not only my residents but also my two pet concerns - people with disabilities and animals in Petaling Jaya. 

Please pray for me dear friends, that despite my disability, I will be able to do my very best in my new tenure.

For it is together that you and I can make a lasting difference. 

Thanks for your support!

aNthoNy thaNasayaN :)



PET+BLOGSPOT is the ONLINE BLOG of the Malaysian Animal-Assisted Therapy for the Disabled and Elderly Association or Petpositive. Our stories are CURRENT, ACCURATE and RELIABLE. We offer both local and foreign news on animals, disability and the elderly. PET+BLOGSPOT was first established in October 2007. Our hits since then are now 150,000 and ever increasing! PET+BLOGSPOT is updated daily. Kindly note that views expressed in PET+BLOGSPOT are not necessarily those of PETPOSITIVE. You may also visit our Webpage by browsing: www.petpositive.com.my You can also find us in Facebook under PETPOSITIVE EMPOWERMENT. Please sign up as a FOLLOWER of this Blog if you haven't done so already in order to show us your kind support for our work. Thank you!

No comments: