Sunday, March 06, 2011

Kittens Killer Wants To Do Community Work In SPCA

Report on Free Malaysia Today: 

The 21-year-old woman apologises for the brutal attack, and says that she has since repented.
SERDANG: The woman responsible for attacking several kittens and bludgeoning one of them to death has apologised for her action while animal lovers vented their frustration outside the building.

Chao Xiao Wei, 21, told a press conference here that she would never repeat the mistake.

“I would like to apologise for my mistake in torturing the kittens. I could not control my emotions then,” she said.

“I didn’t know the kitten died until I saw the video. I repented after that,” she added.

Chao, who is unemployed, also claimed to be suffering from depression since her mother got divorced.
She added that she was prepared to face the consequences and was willing to spend time at the Society for Prevention of Cruelty Against Animals (SPCA).

“I am also not afraid if people verbally abuse me because of this,” she said, adding that she had also recieved death threats since the incident was highlighted and had lodged a police report.

The press conference was held at Sri Kembangan assemblyman Ean Yong Hian Wah’s office here.
Chao’s mother, Cheong Poh Lin, 49, also pleaded for her daughter to be given a chance.

“My income is affected. I am forced to stop my business at the market because some people from the press started looking for us,” she said.

Gathered outside the building were representatives from groups such as Petpositive and Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB).

Animal lover K Jeevananthan, who told FMT on Friday that he would track down the perpetrator and get even with her, was also presemt.

“I want to break her arms and legs,” he shouted to applause from the crowd.

A video on the incident, entitled “Happened in Malaysia – Serdang”, is being circulated on Facebook.


PET+BLOGSPOT is the ONLINE BLOG of the Malaysian Animal-Assisted Therapy for the Disabled and Elderly Association or Petpositive. Our stories are CURRENT, ACCURATE and RELIABLE. We offer both local and foreign news on animals, disability and the elderly. PET+BLOGSPOT was first established in October 2007. Our hits since then are now 100,000 and ever increasing! PET+BLOGSPOT is updated daily. Kindly note that views expressed in this PET+BLOGSPOT are not necessarily those of PETPOSITIVE. You may also visit our Webpage by browsing: www.petpositive.com.my You can also find us in Facebook under PETPOSITIVE EMPOWERMENT. Please sign up as a FOLLOWER of this Blog if you haven't done so already in order to show us your kind support for our work. Thank you!

No comments: