It's a whole week of celebration on PETSPOSITIVE as we proudly observe International Disabled Day this week:
Today, Sunday, December 2, 2007:
- Morning: Petpositive joins several dozen disabled persons in Kuala Lumpur to have a press conference for International Disabled Day.
LATEST UPDATE: More than 30 disabled turned up at the LRT Station in Bangsar, KL to demand that the Government gets serious about helping the handicapped. Check The Sun and the Malay dailies tomorrow for reports. More soon!
- 3pm - 6pm: Petpositive Deepavali Party at Hanuman Temple in Jalan Scott, Brickfields, KL, for about 80 disabled and elderly persons with their caregivers. Pets belonging to Petpositive Members will also get blessed at the Temple together with their human companions.
Monday, December 3, 2007, International Disabled Day:
- aNt to speak on IDD on Radio24. FM93.90MHz (Klang Valley) Time not confirmed at blogspot publishing time. So stay tuned!
- aNt to speak on TraxxFM. Morning interview. Time not confirmed at blogspot publishing time. Stay tuned!
LATEST UPDATE: aNt's interview for 5 mins on Radio24 was held 'live' at 8.45am and rebroadcast several times. Another story, this time on PETPOSITIVE is scheduled to be aired tomorrow done by Tan Su Lin of Radio24.
aNt also spoke 'live' on RTM's TraxxFM for 15 mins at 11.30am. That was in-between the KL Malaysian Association of the Blind members' interview on the same station.
Francis Siva of the ILTC's 60 mins interview on Minnal FM at 2pm received positive responses too.
Details on Air Raves, The Star on Sunday, December 16. Don't miss!
December 4, 2007:
- Petpositive attending Government-sponsored meeting on IDD at the Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre in Bandar Sunway.
LATEST UPDATE: Completed: Around 350 people attended the event held at Sunway Pyramid's Convention Centre. The PM's wife was unable to make it but Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil, Minister for Women, Family and Community Development was present for the occasion.
Shahrizat announced that a Disability Act will be tabled in Parliament on Monday, December 10. Petpositive was represented by several persons including aNt.
A copy of Positive Lives! Newsletter was handed personally to the Minister at the meeting.
Thursday, December 6, 2007:
- The screaming starts when 25 blind and Deaf individuals join Petpositive in a crazy hunt for vampires and things that go bump in the night in a haunted house full of ghastly ghouls.
Full reports on all these coming up!